January 15, 2021
Reston, VA – At INCATech’s recent Virtual Holiday Party, 2021, several employees were highlighted and received recognition for our annual Employee Awards. The Employee Awards provides a chance to highlight the work of INCATech staff who excelled beyond their daily work in the categories of: Customer Service, Innovation, Leadership, Excellence, and a new category – the Rising Star Award.
Customer Service Award – This award recognizes staff who provided top quality consistent service with the expectation that customers are treated respectfully, effectively and with integrity. The candidates were selected based on the following criteria:
- The candidate implemented a new idea that saves time or money, or,
- The candidate completed a significant project, or,
- The candidate contributed to the success of a team initiative, or,
- The candidate contributed above and beyond what is expected, or,
- The candidate demonstrated exceptional ability to foster collaboration
The first Customer Service Award goes to Marques Munson, for providing outstanding geospatial data visualization solutions for the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizen Services and Passport Agencies.
The second Customer Service Award goes to Babak Roodsari, for providing outstanding data science support on the Broadband USA program for the National Telecommunication and Information Administration.
Innovation Award – This award recognizes employees who bring new ideas to life advancing the mission of INCATech in a new and significant way. The candidate was selected based on the following criteria:
- The candidate provided outstanding service development or design, or,
- The candidate applied existing or new technology in the development of new services that make a lasting contribution to the business of INCATech, or,
- The candidate demonstrated original, creative thinking and innovative, cost-effective approaches to problem solving, or,
- The candidate embraced change as an opportunity for growth and took the initiative to improve the value and efficiency of the service they provide.
The Innovation Award goes to Christopher Kosmowski, for rapidly solving the loss of web statistics for the U.S. Army, Center for Military History’s highest volume public-facing website by identifying, prototyping, configuring, and putting into production an open source, no-cost solution.
Leadership Award – This award recognizes the demonstration of a unique ability to guide and lead others and contributes to the effective and efficient support of customers. The candidate is selected based on the following criteria:
- The candidate demonstrated sound ethics, professionalism, transparency, and collegiality within the company while leading their team with consistent integrity, or,
- The candidate served as a role model and motivates their team to strive for excellence by setting high standards, or,
- The candidate is a respected resource that colleagues may rely on for expert advice and guidance.
The Leadership Award goes to Thomas Moran, for running the INCATech Geospatial Practice, while simultaneously driving new business, writing proposals, and developing innovative code for the Personnel Recovery Information Data System for the Joint Personnel Recovery Agency.
Rising Star Award – This award is for a junior or entry level employee that demonstrates INCATech’s core values and leadership by charting their own careers. The candidates were selected based on the following criteria:
- The candidates contributed to the success of a team initiative, or,
- The candidates contributed above and beyond what is expected, or,
- The candidates effectively executed on responsibilities above their defined job duties.
The first Rising Star Award goes to Owen LeGrone, for demonstrating INCATech’s core values to make every project he works on better by using his skills and knowledge to help others respectfully and thoughtfully.
The second Rising Star Award goes to Ryan Tran, for outstanding contributions and leadership to every internal stakeholder or project he is asked to support especially INCATech’s programs, IT and marketing efforts.
Award of Excellence – This award recognizes exemplary service, dedication and commitment to the success of INCATech. The candidate is selected based on the following criteria:
- The candidate demonstrated creativity and acts effectively in problem solving, or,
- The candidate performed at a level above and beyond normal job requirements and achieved important and significant contributions in their area, or,
- Maintained exemplary professionalism in their interactions with colleagues, supervisors and customers at all times.
The Award of Excellence goes to Joy Singh, for her extraordinary level of service, dedication and commitment to the success of her team, to INCATech, and to the Joint Personnel Recovery Agency.
We value and recognize all of our entire INCATech staff who contribute selflessly every day to their teams and our customers and look forward to celebrating more awardees in 2022!